Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, having problems with live streaming it comes on but after a few seconds the sound is distorted and the live viewing is at least 30 sec behind. I have 2 cameras and it's doing it on both. Your help would be much appreciated
23 REPLIES 23
Streak2
Master Master
Master

How close is your base to the router to which it is connected?

Try and reposition it even if it's just a short distance using the existing ethernet cable or by using a longer one.

For good measure, restart your router to get it to re-recognise the base.

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, the Base is very near the router but l've had this system a month and not had a problem until 2 days ago. One minute it was working fine then the sound interference started and live streaming delayed, it's also delayed on camera positioning mode. I've moved the Base to the maximum of the existing cable and restarted the router, it has recognised the Base. It still hasn't worked. When I go live the green middle light flickers fast, is this normal as I didn't notice this before the problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, the Internet LED flickers with network traffic, as does your router. It's normal operation.

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for that but how do I solve the problem of sound interference and live streaming being approx 1 minute behind its also doing it on camera positioning mode. Hope you can help
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What is the signal strength being reported by the app? Try and move one of the cameras close to the base to see if things improve.

Are you in a house or an apartment ie. is there a chance of a new wifi signal from one of your neighbors?

If not then maybe just try and remove the cameras in the app., factory reset the router and re-install from scratch.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

If you still have the issue let us know here.

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
The signal strength is v good. 1 of the camera's is very near the Base and it's doing the same as the one a bit further away. Am in a house. Not sure about neighbors WiFi. I'll do what you suggested and let you know how it goes. Do you think it's the camera's or the Base. I wouldn't think it's both camera's. I can't understand why this problem has occured I haven't changed anything and it's been working. fine when I brought it a month ago.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? Slow speeds can cause issues like this.

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? Slow speeds can cause issues like this.

Its 20.792 mega bits per second

jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

Johndk....

Did you get a fix for this? Mine have been doing the same thing since last week. Netgear support told me that it was due to my internet speeds, but it's not. It's something they've changed on their end. There are quite a few people on here experiencing the same problem, I just haven't seen a fix for it yet. 

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi my problem hasn't been fixed and I didn't know it was due to them. I called their help centre and spent over an hour going through everything from rebooting, moving my Internet and camera's They also said it was my Internet speed saying my upload was not good enough it's running at about 1.4 mbps. I got a new Internet hub from my provider and was going to try that. It's very frustrating thinking it's a problem my end when they haven't said it was their end.. I don't know who to speak to get this resolved, any ideas.? It's cost a lot of money to get this system and I didn't expect this. It work great when I first set it up and it's been about 2 weeks now that this problem occured.
jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh man. I'd love to have 1.4Mbps for an upload speed. On a good day I'm running about .7Mbps. Best I can get where I live. You should be fine with 1.4Mbps. I knew that my picture wouldn't be the best because of my speeds, but it has always worked just fine. My neighbor has the same setup and same speeds and his started doing the same thing last week. Due to what I've read on the message boards over the last week, it has to be something they have done. Another user suggested a fix on another thread. I'm going to try it tonight and see if that works. If so, I'll let you know. If not, then we'll just have to wait on Netgear. 

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok many thanks for that, does NETGEAR know there's a problem and we've just got to wait out for their action?
jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh yeah. They've got tons of problems right now. Just scroll through the message board. The last update they released broke their system on multiple levels. We aren't alone. 

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks I'll check out the message board
KravE
Star
Star

Same issues here. I’ve had two sessions now with support with no resolution. Nothing has changed on my end and the camera is laggy and completely pixelated. I have restarted, removed and reinstalled, changed WiFi settings, changed WiFi channels and verified all firmware is the latest. This is quite frustrating!

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for letting me know, yes your right its very funstrating considering it was working great a few weeks ago.  I only hope they sort it out soon.  This is the only problem am having with the system apart from that its good.  It lets me know with no problems when motion is triggered.   I've got to change my hub to see if that helps.  I'll  let you know how it goes.  

WhistlerZN
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone managed to find a resolution to this problem? I have just bought an Arlo Pro with 2 cameras and both have the same problem i.e. about a minute delay in live streaming - video and sound! This happens on the app and web interface. I have not done any firmware updates - it is straight out the box. Signal strength on cameras is good....have even tried with them right next to the base.

It sounds like this is a problem that everyone is suddenly all having at the same time, so must be something Netgear/Arlo have done....maybe something has gone wrong with their cloud storage and it can't cope?

Could a firmware update help? Current firmware on cameras (model H11) is 1.092.0.16_21159 and the base station is a VMB4000r3 with firmware 1.10.0.8_22190

Whatever it is, I will be very dissapointed if this is not resolved as I spent the extra to buy these as opposed to other cheaper options as I did not want to have software issues and bugs to have to try work around....at this price point it should all just work!

Seems pointless to have 2 way audio with  minute delay between communications - makes it totally useless for this!

Johndk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Am having the same problem as you since buying 2 Arlo pro camera's and no one has resolved the problem it's very frustrating
Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
Hi All,
I have the same issue from some months, Netgear is missing.
I suppose that the problem is the priority profile, first there are the payment profile, and then the free profile. The issue is on the Netgear servers.
If this is true, Arlo no make sense.
Alroproalex
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I’m having the same issue as everyone here, in fact I’ve been having it for a few months now and hooting that a firmware update was going to fix it any day now but have had no luck. Has anyone finally figured out how to fix this?
Musicboy
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
It's clear that Netgear changed something and now 1MB as upload is no longer enough.
The only Solution is to do a broadband upgrade; I switched to fibra (200MB Download - 20MB upload).

Ciao
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Alroproalex,

What are you ISP speed, signal strength of the cameras? What is the issue you are experiencing with your cameras? There are a few different topics in this thread. 

PeterSierra
Star
Star

I can't believe we are still having this issue.

I got nowhere with Arlo support. I posted on the FB page and received some response but I have been going back and forth with Tier 2 support for nearly two months.

I have an Arlo Q that does not buffer. I have an Arlo wireless that does not buffer. I have three Arlo Pros that all buffer. I've sent screen shots and motion video and I get nothing back.

I sat in front of a monitor and videod the monitor and then turned the camera on the same location as a boat went by. The monitor had the boat just entering the picture as the boat was actually leaving (it was going very slow too).

I then realized that 45 seconds of live recording only provided 4 seconds of video. Sent those videos to support a week ago- nothing back. You can't use audio. You can't see anything live and it takes fovever to adjust the cameras because you have to wait up to a minute to see what changes have ocurred.

Is there another level of support? How can they just stonewall these complaints?

So frustrated.

P