Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro i would like the outside cameras to stay armed all the time

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Chris_Howard
Initiate
Initiate

So i have a specific question about how to set these cameras up, however my guess is someone here already has done this or at least knows how.

I have 4 cameras connected to the same base station. 2 inside and 2 outside. I just set up the 2 outside cameras today. I have used the geofencing mode to turn the cameras to "disarmed" once i got home for the past 6 months with the 2 cameras on the inside. I would like to still use that for the 2 cameras inside, however, i would like the outside ones to stay armed all the time. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

Thank you in advance!!

-Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have used the geofencing mode to turn the cameras to "disarmed" once i got home for the past 6 months with the 2 cameras on the inside. I would like to still use that for the 2 cameras inside, however, i would like the outside ones to stay armed all the time. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

You need to create another mode...

Call it OUTSIDE.

Use ADD A MODE to add the first of the two outside cams, then save .... Add the second camera by EDITING the new mode.

Use ARMED for your Geo AWAY mode and OUTSIDE for your Geo HOME mode

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have used the geofencing mode to turn the cameras to "disarmed" once i got home for the past 6 months with the 2 cameras on the inside. I would like to still use that for the 2 cameras inside, however, i would like the outside ones to stay armed all the time. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

You need to create another mode...

Call it OUTSIDE.

Use ADD A MODE to add the first of the two outside cams, then save .... Add the second camera by EDITING the new mode.

Use ARMED for your Geo AWAY mode and OUTSIDE for your Geo HOME mode

Morse is faster than texting!
Chris_Howard
Initiate
Initiate

Awesome! Thank you! I figured there was an easy solution I just wasn't sure how to do it. Should be working perfectly now!