Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Roberob
Tutor
Tutor
So I currently have the arlo system with 4 cameras. I am thinking that upgrading to the arlo pro but was wondering if they have included any features (hardware or software) that would reduce recording false positives? I know netgear has the smart feature coming but didn't know if there were any improvements with the new model. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roberob
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks For Your Feedback

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't vouch for any placements but mine but my original wireless cameras would pick up street traffic of 20 or so feet away. The Pro cameras, even at high (nearly 100%) sensitivity ignore it.

howarmat
Star
Star

jguerdat wrote:

I can't vouch for any placements but mine but my original wireless cameras would pick up street traffic of 20 or so feet away. The Pro cameras, even at high (nearly 100%) sensitivity ignore it.

I agree its tremendously better.  I might even adjust my cameras to face the street a little more this weekend.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have to agree, these Pro cameras have a lot less false positives.

I use to get triggers in the evening from the glare that reflects on my cars in the driveway.  It was a pain!  Now I get big fat ZERO on those type of triggers.  A matter fact I'd be lucky to have 1 false trigger the whole day and I have my Pros set at 100% sensitivity!

-Robert
Roberob
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks For Your Feedback