Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Re: Arlo pro false positive

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Roberob Tutor
Tutor
So I currently have the arlo system with 4 cameras. I am thinking that upgrading to the arlo pro but was wondering if they have included any features (hardware or software) that would reduce recording false positives? I know netgear has the smart feature coming but didn't know if there were any improvements with the new model. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Roberob Tutor
Tutor
Thanks For Your Feedback

All Replies
Guru jguerdat Guru
Guru

I can't vouch for any placements but mine but my original wireless cameras would pick up street traffic of 20 or so feet away. The Pro cameras, even at high (nearly 100%) sensitivity ignore it.

Highlighted
howarmat Star
Star

jguerdat wrote:

I can't vouch for any placements but mine but my original wireless cameras would pick up street traffic of 20 or so feet away. The Pro cameras, even at high (nearly 100%) sensitivity ignore it.

I agree its tremendously better.  I might even adjust my cameras to face the street a little more this weekend.

RobertRosal Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have to agree, these Pro cameras have a lot less false positives.

I use to get triggers in the evening from the glare that reflects on my cars in the driveway.  It was a pain!  Now I get big fat ZERO on those type of triggers.  A matter fact I'd be lucky to have 1 false trigger the whole day and I have my Pros set at 100% sensitivity!

-Robert
Roberob Tutor
Tutor
Thanks For Your Feedback