Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro VMB4000 Can't get iPhone to detect arlo pro

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
I just got a iPhone 7. I downloaded the app to my phone and logged in. When I go thru the setup I can't get my phone app to detect the cameras. Please advice. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
I feel really dumb right now. I've been logging on with the email I signed up with on my android (my husbands email) I never could get the invite sent to my phone.

I finally figured out, I was using my email in the app. That's why it wouldn't connect. I sent another invite to my email and low and behold, it found arlo pro.

So thank all of you who answered. I really appreciate it.
It works now! Ha!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is your phone on the same wifi network during setup?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
Yes. I turned off data so it would only use wi if. It still has not connected. Do others have problems connecting thru their iPhone? Do I have to go back to android to get it to work? I hope not
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, I don't think you have to go back to android( tho it works too... I run on an iPad and it does so very nicely.

But I will admit, I've always found the t easier to set thing up on a PC computer first and then migrate to the iOS or android

Morse is faster than texting!
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
I feel really dumb right now. I've been logging on with the email I signed up with on my android (my husbands email) I never could get the invite sent to my phone.

I finally figured out, I was using my email in the app. That's why it wouldn't connect. I sent another invite to my email and low and behold, it found arlo pro.

So thank all of you who answered. I really appreciate it.
It works now! Ha!