Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Watcherprime
Tutor
Tutor

My main camera misses events. It might catch a vehicle going by on the county road, but it won't show me leaving my own driveway. What's up with that?

I'm also not getting emails or texts whenever there has been activity detected. I only get notified when the battery is running low and needs charged.

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master

Has this just started to happen or has it been a issue for sometime?

Do you get push notifications with motion trigger events or are you restricted to SMS or email. Push notifications are available if you have a smartphone, much quicker also.

If you walk across the camera field of view at < 20ft distance do you get recordings in the library, if not can you live stream the camera and manually record do they show up in the library?

Watcherprime
Tutor
Tutor

It seems to have worked better in the past come to think of it.

Yes, it records me when I step off the porch 5-6ft in the camera view. Motion. Lately this camera records the leaves on the tree blowing in the wind and lists it as 'person'. It might be recording the shadow of the tree?

It is possible that my entire setup is bottom tier and I should expect very little from it?

Push notifications may be something I try. As of now the only alerts I get are via email and only when the camera batteries are low. Have been into the settings many times to fix this to no avail.

I'm on satellite internet out in the boonies so whenever we get heavy rain or snow or a large crow flying over it goes out. Cell phone reception depends on which way the wind is blowing.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Cellular data reliability is a concern if you’re outside the range of the local router wifi for push notifications.

Do you have your phone setup to use data from local wifi router when at home, might be worth setting it up.

Usually push notifications are set enabled in the camera mode rules by default so you should be getting these for smart phones unless you have altered them yourself.

Watcherprime
Tutor
Tutor

I'm usually reviewing the camera video directly from laptop on home wifi. Once in a while I will log in remotely from my smart phone. But like I say, the system doesn't send me any email alerts for vehicles or people, just for low battery.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Email alerts are available in the selected mode camera rules, this is where you should check if you have them enabled and the correct email address entered, you should also be able to enable the push notifications to your smart phone, assuming the phone is using the wifi network for internet.

Your not able to access SMS notifications as they are not implemented for these notifications.