Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
GWA
Guide
Guide

I have 7 of these set up with the arlo solar panels.  Four of them will not charge.

I have made sure the battries have been fully charged when installed.  I have checked and rechecked the cables to make sure they are plugged.  I have removed and added back to the base stations.  I have moved the solar panels around and adjusted to more sunlight.  They will not charge.  Does anyone have a solution for the problem?  The cameras HW V is H8 and the Firmware is 1.09.2.0.8_17203.

thanks,

AustinPark

44 REPLIES 44
GWA
Guide
Guide

With just the batteries and no solar panel.  The batteries will last about two weeks.

I have two sets of batteries for each camera.  I am able to change them out as needed.

It is raining today so will not do any testing.  Will go out later this week and try resetting everything.

Will keep a time table on each to see how long they last.  Will keep everyone posted on my testing and findings. 

GWA
Guide
Guide

Today replaced all 4 with freshly charge batteries.  Checked all cable connect on the camera and the solar panel.  Reset the solar panel by the instruction on Arlo.

All cameras were working this was around my time 1:30 pm.  They all came up but one.  It show the red outline of the batter and was not working.  Replace the battery again.

Neither one show charging with the panel.  They all were at 100% and working.

Now it is 3 pm my time and checking the cameras.

One is given this message

A charging fault has been detected on Pole (4XH3737WC23A6) camera. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults.

Not sure where this KB article is located.

One is showing the red outline of the battery

TWO of them are now showing the lighting bolt charging.

GWA
Guide
Guide

They are not charging with the charge station.  The cameras are connected with the solar panels.

Attached is the screens with the error and the batter red outline.  This is after 2.5 hr

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't seen nor heard of that error befre now. I'd kinda suspect an issue with the connectors, either the cable or the camera. Perhaps one or more pins are bent? Inspect carefully but I suspect that hardware needs to be replaced which will require an open case with support here.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

wrote:

They are not charging with the charge station.  The cameras are connected with the solar panels.

Attached is the screens with the error and the batter red outline.  This is after 2.5 hr

Can you take the camera down and charge it with the adapter and indoor cable? We should ensure the battery is fine and the camera is fine and the problem is with the solar panel or solar panel connection

GWA
Guide
Guide

Will take one down today and see if it charges in the camera.

Notice this morning that two of the camera are showing batteries are down to 50% over night.

Not good.

GWA
Guide
Guide

Good morning,  I have took the camera all down and charged with the charging stations one more time.  They were all full charged.  Took the cameras down with the solar panels to do this.  They showed the lighting bolt that they were charging.

Took all 4 cameras back and set them up.  With in two day the RED outline of the battery displayed and note that they need battries replaced.  This has been going on for months now.  I have done everything that I have read.  The last four purchase will not charge the cameras.  Got to be something wrong with the ARLO SOLAR PANEL.

Can we get a fix for the issue.  I think I will try the other company solar panel and see if they work better.  I want to buy more but have to waite and see if ARLO is going to fix the problem with the solar panel.

brh
Master
Master

@GWA

I feel for you. Either you are super unlucky to get that many defective solar panels or there is still a problem that needs to be resolved. Since the batteries are showing that they are charging with the solar panels, it could be that the cameras are located near the end of their range and sometimes dropping out thus draining the batteries quickly trying to re-sync. I leave my cameras armed at night and worst case, the lose three or 4 percent per night and usually recharge fully within an hour or so after sunrise.

The other thing, is it possible that there is still a problem with the connectors that came loose when remounting them. Did you check to see if you still had the lightning bolt icon after remounting them?

Brian

GWA
Guide
Guide

Thats the funny part.  All 4 showed the lighting bolt when I installed them.

It takes me 45 min to get back to our office from this community.  When I got back to the office and checked the cameras.  The lighting bolt was gone.  The next day they were down around 50 %.  The next morning the RED outline was showing.  I believe these panels are draining the batteries.  I will put new batteries in them today and remove the panels.  Will let you know how long the batteries last without the panels.

One thing I did notice about the other 3 that has been working.  One of them has dropped the solar panel lighting bolt.  It is not charging now and it has for months.

Will let you know next week how they are doing with out the panel.

GWA
Guide
Guide

Today it is raining.  I have went out to replace the battires in the 4 camera that have not been working with the Arlo Solar Panels.  They are working when I got back to the office with the Solar Panels removed.  As in weeks passed they have not work with the Solar Panels attached.  They have drained the batteries.  I will post in the next few days.  How they are working with out the Solar Panels attached.  This will tell me if the Solar Panels are the problem.

Paulmart
Aspirant
Aspirant

GWA
Guide
Guide

Good morning all!

I got a new solar panel from the other company last Thursday.  I connected it to one of the cameras that I removed from the community.  The lighting bolt appeared at once.  It charged all weekend and this morning.  Yes the lighting bolt is still showing.  I believe I will reinstall this one at the community today and see if it continues.  I also check the status of the the other 3 along with this one that has not been working.  They are all showing the red outline of the battery.  So now not sure if it is the cameras are the batteries.  Next step is to order some new batteries.  Waite to see if the otther company solar panel continues to work.

GWA
Guide
Guide

Just purchased and set up 3 new arlo pro 2 camera and base station.

Installed fully charged batteries.  Solar panel on Friday afternoon.  Two gave me error charger fault.  Try unplugging.  Did all this stuff and they still will not charge with Solar panels.  Using the other company on these three.  Looks like both companies have a problem with the solar panels.

I guess not it time to go to support with the issue.  Nothing printed works.  If anyone has any more ideals.

Please let me know.  

thanks,

brh
Master
Master

@GWA

You may just be getting the message because the Arlo cameras know you are using a different solar panel. But the question is, are the three cameras actually charging with the other manufacturer's solar panel?

If so, you might just want to ignore the message.

Brian

GWA
Guide
Guide

They are not charging.  They are draing.

Like the other 4 pros that I have and they are using the arlo panel but give the same error.

GWA
Guide
Guide

Watching two of the new arlo pro 2 today with solar panels.

Still getting this error.

A charging fault has been detected on 52M17978AF84C ( Parking Lot ) camera. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults.  Green area with OK, got it

I have followed all the instruction.  This error today comes every 15 seconds.

It is not charging.  One has dropped from 87 % to 81%.  One is holding ( only dropped from 99% to 98 %.

This goes along with the other 4 pros that has not been working.  They drain faster.

This may be a bad batch of batteries.  One of the 3 new pro 2 batteries that I have not set up at this time will not charge on the charging station.   Can anyone help?  I did get the lighting bolt to show on the 2 that are getting the errors.  By doing this.  Pluged in the solar panel to the camera without battery installed.  Place battery in the camera and closed.  The lighting bolt appeared.  Only stay for 15 seconds and give the error butt at least got the lighting bolt.  One step forward,

GWA
Guide
Guide

New twist on the Arlo Pro II 

charger fault error.  This morning I replace the batteries that came with the new cameras.

I replaced them with two batteries that I got back at the end of 2017 with the Arlo Pro.  Reconnected the solar panels.

Got the lighting bolt and the outline of the batteries was light and then changed to black.  They have been working all day.  The twist is now.  When you get a notice of movement or check and slect LIVE.  They display the charger fault error.  You then select GOT IT.  It returns and about 15 seconds later the lighting bolt all all is good.  Any suggestion as to why it now give the error after you open the movements?

GWA
Guide
Guide

It appears that I have a lot of bad batteries.  The ones that I put in the pro 2 the other day.  These are two that I purchase in 2017.  I know they worked because they have been working great with the cameras I purchase in 2017.

I still get the error charging fault through out the day but they appear to be charging.

The ones that I got with the 3 pack pro 2 will not charge and work.  They drain overnight with or without the solar panels.  I have 3 of the arlo charging station and they all appear to charge all batteries.  I have 12 batteries that will not last more than one day with or without solar panels.  I have 6 that works great.  How do I get them replaced?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here.