Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 1 cam records when the other cam sense motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jtguerra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why does my inside camera record when the outside cameras sense motion? My phone will give me alerts when the outside cameras are triggered but when i log on, there is nothing showing motion or any recordings for that camera that sent the alarm. Instead, the camera in the house starts recording when there is no motion and i have it to do nothing in settings...HELP!!! And have tried turning off power to base and turning back on
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

So what is happening.. ? How many cameras do you have ?

As to your issue, if it was only that camera, when removed and brought back, it would have erased itself from any Modes you have and then when brought back been added to the default ARMED mode.

So it may be that you modes got glitched in storage.... Have no idea how, ....but you should not edit the default ARMED mode, but made a custom mode/copy to do editing on.

If above is true, you may have to remove all your cameras and then do a reset of the base ( hold reset on the base for ten secs till the leds flash ) and bring each camera back as new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Take the camera that is recording wrongly, go to settings and use REMOVE DEVICE

Bring the camera back as if new ( resync )... this should solve your problem

Jtguerra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok i just did that and now the system is acting completely different. Could you please call me...

Jtguerra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nvm...i think i got it thank you
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

So what is happening.. ? How many cameras do you have ?

As to your issue, if it was only that camera, when removed and brought back, it would have erased itself from any Modes you have and then when brought back been added to the default ARMED mode.

So it may be that you modes got glitched in storage.... Have no idea how, ....but you should not edit the default ARMED mode, but made a custom mode/copy to do editing on.

If above is true, you may have to remove all your cameras and then do a reset of the base ( hold reset on the base for ten secs till the leds flash ) and bring each camera back as new

Jtguerra
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5...4 outside and 1 inside...so i guess for some reason 3 of the outside cameras when triggered would have the inside cam start recording. When doing what u said on removing the cam and then resyncing it, for some reason when adding the inside camera back on, the 3 outside cameras were no longer on my mode tab to let me set up. They were still on the device tab where i could watch live but there was no way for me to set them up and they wouldnt trigger when i walked in the way. I finally removed all the cameras and resynced them and now we're all good. Thanks again for ur help.