Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

Like everybody else I received the EOL notice, along with a separate email offering a 50% discount on new equipment and a 75% discount on a subscription for a year.
This morning I tried to sign up for a subscription plan and I received the following error:
"Unable to get coupon details - Coupon code - AEOL-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx"

What's going on now?

19 REPLIES 19
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jam436,

Which subscription plan are you trying to subscribe to? Are you still seeing this error?

JamesC

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had to sign up for an Arlo Secure plan last month (1 camera) just so I could get hold of someone on CS to ask why I never received the discount email that followed the EOL email. Seems if you aren't a subscriber they don't want to talk to you at all. Even then, that took some doing. 
Now that the 1-month single camera plan is getting ready to expire, I'm trying to "change plan" to the $12.99/mo. plan.
Every time I enter the 16-digit code they sent me I get an error.
Funny thing is, my son has his own house and also Arlo cameras.
He's tried, using the code they sent him, and he's getting the same error.
"Unable to get coupon details - Coupon code - AEOL-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx"

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

Case Number 43344313_upgrade failed_2.jpg

whiteyvonner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there someone at Arlo that can solve this problem? When you click on "Redeem" from the email, the discount code prefills and says it is not valid. What is the issue? It's disturbing that there is no way to contact someone at Arlo

Yvonne

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jam436,

Your support ticket has been escalated, an agent will provide you with a status update as soon as possible.

whiteyvonner,

I've opened a ticket with the support team and provided the details you've posted here on the community. An agent will reach out to you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Enjoylife
Aspirant
Aspirant

have the same problem with the 75% subscription discount. what is the issue with Arlo?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Enjoylife,

Which plan are you attempting to use with the discount? Are you opting for the annual plan?

JamesC

AHJax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. 9.99 a month annual plan. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AHJax,

Are you still receiving the same error today?

JamesC

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue. "Unable to get coupon details Coupon code - AEOL-WFS-G4N-36S-R4N"

Thought it took the coupon code last month when I downgraded from the Secure Plus plan to the Secure plan, but the credit I received ($4.17) was just for the difference in plans for the month. I'm looking at the next billing period on March 22nd and it's showing $12.99 mo + tax will be charged to my cc on file. I've tried the coupon code again with no luck.

Please advise.

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

This goes with my reply above..........is the coupon code tied to an email address? If so, that could be the problem, as I started with the original Arlo cameras and base station, then ran the Pro 2 and it's base station under a different email (concurrently), and now I have consolidated with Ultra cameras and a couple of relic cameras on the latest hub (VMB5000) using yet another email address?  

AHJax
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I had to change to a monthly monitoring plan instead of annual to get the discount. 

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not trying to use the discount code for an annual plan, as the EOL states that the code does not apply to the annual. Did you have to go thru Arlo support people for help or just selecting the monthly plan and the code was accepted?

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Retract that.......the billing that was showing up on my Arlo Secure Subscription billing page, showed $12.99/mo + tax on the renewal date of March 22, but once I checked the actual amount charged to the credit card today, it had calculated the 75% off. Kind of confusing but it did indeed accept the EOL code and all is good. Sorry about any confusion.

GV01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried several times today to use the Promo code in the letter I got for 75% off a subscription AEOL-23H-B3Q-BWK-*** only to continually get not a valid code. Can someone from Arlo help me out??

Arlo_Leander
Tutor
Tutor

I an unable to use the EOL subscription promotion. I an getting the same error as those on this post. I am attempting to sign up for the Secure plan annual. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BTG, GV01, Aro_leander

I have opened and escalated tickets for the invalid promo code concerns you're experiencing. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

JamesC

rvdnsx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having issues with an EOL code that I was emailed.  It shows as invalid.  Can you please help me also?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rvdnsx,

One user said they needed to remove hyphens and enter the code lower case and that resolved the issue, see here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/EOL-Offer-Code-Lost/m-p/1919194#M80224%3Fcid=a

JamesC