Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo no longer recording same motion as my Ring doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
vernoncakes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the last couple of days, my Arlo camera has stopped picking up as much motion as before (specifically cars driving by). Previously, it picked up the same motion that my Ring doorbell picks up, so I would be covered from different angles. The Ring doorbell is still picking up cars, however Arlo will only pick up people. This is an issue as we have suspicious cars that drive round at night and there is a spate of car crime and break ins.

I have reset the base station twice, removed and re-added the camera, ensured that motion sensitivity is 96%, recording schedule is fine and set to record, push notifications are on. Firmware is up to date.

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this issue?

It is the VMB3010 base station but it won’t let me select that option

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro maxs out to about 25 ft for people... for cars it could be reflection of IR for a better distance, changes in the sun angles can easily change response as the seasons change.

You can always recheck and adjust the sense level of the cameras or location

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
vernoncakes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have redone schedules now, with slightly different timings. Some of examples of what it previously caught on a regular basis are attached - actually there are not; I’ve tried 7 times to attach the video but when I press reply it removes the video and returns me to my message . However, from my ring doorbell camera I can see that several cars have driven past and a large transit van has stopped outside my house, after driving up and down the road but Arlo has picked up nothing.

I have increased sensitivity to 98. It used to be on 90 because anything higher would pick up my trees blowing in the wind. Not 98 barely registers unless you walk right in front of it. It registers even less at night.
vernoncakes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here’s what ring picked up this morning - Arlo got nothing despite our camera being pointed straight at the van, four metres left of ring. Normally this would be picked up by Arlo no problem. There seems to be an issue with the sensor.

https://ring.com/share/6665550194122693880
vernoncakes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is an example of what my ring recorded, I’m trying to upload what Arlo would record a week ago but it’s not allowing me.
Very frustrating as you can see the transit van is parked just behind my cars in daylight! Previously this would have been picked up but over the last three days nothing. Very concerning. Any ideas on how to resolve?

https://ring.com/share/6665550194122693880
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @vernoncakes,

As TomMac mentions, you may want to try rechecking and readjusting the location of your cameras. You can also try using the motion detection test to make sure motion is detected where your camera is located at: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?