Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro batteries draining all the time

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jemmag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, Please can someone help, I purchased my Arlo pro cameras just over a year ago and the battery life was about 3 to 4 months with normal day to day activity, Now over the last 2 weeks I have had to charge them on after a few days. I have checked the firmware version and they are both up to date and are using 1.092.0.19_26228. This can't be normal surely? I would appreciate any help you are able to offer me please.

Thanks

Jemma

2 REPLIES 2
Tellurye
Initiate
Initiate

Hmm, it may be draining them more with the firmware update.  What quality setting  are they on?  Like maybe on the old firmware it worked fine over the past year like you said at a certain setting, but now it doesnt.  As it sounds like thats the only thing that changed.  Which Im not criticizing you, you have to update the firmware - dont think it gives you a choice.

Also, I have heard rechargeable batteries misbehaving after a while.  When I got my phone, it would last for days, then over time, it would only last 4 hours or so with same useage.  Sometimes batteries just go bad.  Can you buy another one from Arlo, and only put it in one camera, and see if it drains the same rate?  I know it sucks but I cant think of another way to troubleshoot.  You can buy of Amazon cheaper than from Arlo.  Only buy Arlo certified or works with Arlo.  Its Tenergy

https://kb.arlo.com/980150/Safety-Rules-for-Arlo-Wire-Free-Camera-Batteries

https://kb.arlo.com/1202753/How-long-do-Arlo-camera-batteries-last

HTH somewhat.

Jemmag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks for your message and appreciate your comments. I'm really annoyed though if a product that cost over £400 can only realy last a year before having to replace parts? Surely Netgear / Arlo with a good reputation not accept this kind of thing? I'm going to try and remove and re-add the product and see if that works, if not I certainly would never purchase any further products or advise people of this brand but i really can't believe they would allow it to happen, Just a shame i can't seem to contact them to ask.

Thanks again

Jemma