Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro motion detection is unreliable and does not record properly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
mountainhigh
Tutor
Tutor

Warning you cannot rely on the Arlo product to constantly work.

I installed 4 cameras 10/…/18 and have found them to be totally unreliable.

The motion detection system is TOTALLY unreliable, sometimes not working and sometimes recording for no reason whatsoever.

Customer support is questionable at best, as I’ve has at least 4 people contact me (after my total melt down) with all of them being clueless (no one reads or has any reasonable suggestions).

I regularly cannot sign in to the system and look at my cameras, now for several days (after unknown issues with the server). Yes I’ve deleted cookies and that entire BS.

Clearly If I could start over it would NOT be with this system11111111111111

2 REPLIES 2
mountainhigh
Tutor
Tutor

Warning…………

Warning you cannot rely on the Arlo product to constantly work.

I installed 4 cameras 10/…/18 and have found them to be totally unreliable.

The motion detection system is TOTALLY unreliable, sometimes not working and sometimes recording for no reason whatsoever.

Customer support is questionable at best, as I’ve has at least 4 people contact me (after my total melt down) with all of them being clueless (no one reads or has any reasonable suggestions).

I regularly cannot sign in to the system and look at my cameras, now for several days (after unknown issues with the server). Yes I’ve deleted cookies and that entire BS.

Clearly If I could start over it would NOT be with this system11111111111111

Tellurye
Initiate
Initiate

I just got done installing it today and it works fine.  You mentioned you cant even login to the website due to server issues? Ive literally been on it all night, so I dont think its Arlo.  As far as your cameras, I would ask them to send you another camera in good faith to test it out.  Sorry youre having so much trouble.  Im not Pro Arlo as like I said I just got it (Arlo pro 2) but hopefully they can assist.  But I dont think their "server" is down cause like I said you and I are both using it today (if the date on your post is correct)

Thanks!!