Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Each time my arlo detects am event I will receive a push and video is recorded - no problems. However, for that single event, the badge count shown on the app is 1107. This number keeps increment over time. After viewing the video, the badge will disappear but on the next push it’ll be like 1120.

Background:
One relative added my arlo account to their arlo system so that I can receive notifications and view their videos while they are away. They have since removed me 7 weeks ago. I’m suspecting that their push count and my push count are still added behind the scenes.

Anyone had this issue? How can I rectify this?

Thanks.
29 REPLIES 29
Julzrose
Initiate
Initiate

This has been an ongoing issue since 2015 according to another thread I follow. Arlo Community: How to reset Push notification App badge number on...  I truly hope that the Development Team spends some time on this. My badge number is not nearly as high as some of the others, however the annoyance is the same. It would be useful to have a the badge notifications display how many unviewed vidoes I have. 

evanbeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Adding to the list of people with this issue. Recommended the Arlo Pro 2s to my parents. Got them all set up, shared their porch and driveway cameras to my account and now my notification badge just keep incrementing. What's the plan?
soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Oh no evanbeek - it’s just keep going up. I’m still waiting a year in and my count is still at 11000 now. I have a ticket open with them but no updates. I don’t think the netgear team is priotizing this as they haven’t acknowledge that the issue exist. It’s quite poor on their part.

I’m very tempted now to create a new account and hook up my arlo to that new account. And never add anyone else’s account again!
evanbeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got off the phone with support. They were very nice, said they knew about it (and that it was happening on some of their test devices) and said that it had been escalated to engineering but that was all they could do (which, unfortunately, is true).

I ended up just shutting off the app badges, since they are pretty unnecessary. I get actual notifications if something sets off the camera and I check those immediately (because that means that someone/something is somewhere they aren't supposed to be).

Would be nice to have it fixed, but seems like there are more important items - like being able to disable notifications for shared cameras. 🙂
Palala7
Tutor
Tutor

I ended up resolving this issue myself. Arlo customer service personnel couldn't help me, and never found the solution here in the community, so I had to be my own detective. For me it all started when a family member granted me access to their cameras. After removing me, my badge app count got as high as 357. I found what was going on, and I am back to normal again. No ridiculously high numbers. I am going to post the link here for you, and to help anyone else that stumbles upon this thread.

This is the title to search for in case the link doesn’t work:

Solved: iOS Arlo app badge icon number increasing and unable to clear or reset

Link:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Solved-iOS-Arlo-app-badge-icon-number-increasing-and-unabl...