Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has anyone else noticed the new Arlo iOS app (2.19) is very slow to open and navigate (I have an Arlo Pro and using an iPhone 8)? The release notes actually say "Faster app log in response time" but it has been the opposite for me ever since I installed the update which seems to be a new bug they introduced. I remember something similar happening a while back and it had to do when notifications are turned off (which mine happen to be). Anyone else having this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.19.2. Try updating the Arlo app to the latest version and see if that helps. You can also read the latest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.2 - 26th August 2020

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi arpr1,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone 8 to see if that helps it?

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Jessica, yes I have. I remember a similar issue happening a few versions back where this same thing happened (I updated the app and suddenly startup/opening was very slow). 

Looking back at the release notes for the Arlo iOS app, it looks to be in versions from January/February 2020 (2.12.2 and 2.12.3) where the release notes state "Resolved an issue where the app would be slow to open" and "Fix the slow issue when opening the app". I have push notifications turned off on my iPhone for the Arlo app and I believe someone on here had identified that as the key difference between people who had the issue and those who didn't. So I'm not sure if that's the same thing happening again or a possibly new bug in this version?

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have the update on the 8 also and it is almost instant much faster. Not even the logging in message anymore. Did you try what she suggested?

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi @dcfox1 and thanks for your input and troubleshooting with me and yes I did.

Are you on the current iOS version (13.6.1) too?

Also do you have push notifications turned on for the Arlo app? If yes, if you toggle push notifications off (Settings -> Notifications -> Arlo), does it still open quickly?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Actually I have 13.6 but I see there is an update for 13.6.1. I'll try that and let you know if that makes a difference. I had the arlo app update though. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just updated and It is the same quick response even when notifications are off in the phone settings for arlo.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok thank you for testing. I guess we'll see if others have the same issue as I can't imagine it's just me. But there is a definite slowdown now when I open up the Arlo app and the only change I made was installing the new Arlo update (2.19).

WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide

Same issue on my 6S+. Previous app version had an issue where it took 2+ minutes to access the live camera feed. Now. with this latest update, I can access the feeds but can't arm or disarm the system without going online via the desktop.  Info: Iphone 6S+, latest IoS, latest Arlo app....it just sits and spins when I try to access the Mode. Yes, I have rebooted the phone and base unit. So much fun with Arlo updates since 2018. They are consistently inconsistent.

WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide

Well, I just deleted the app, once again, and after reinstalling it, Arlo is working like normal. I'll take it 🐵

urih21
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's horrible, not only is the app buggy, crashes and takes for ever to become usable, but then if you click on a camera to watch it it takes sometimes up to 3 min to get the stream, and I have a super high speed WIFI, I'm thinking about selling all my system and going to a different brand, my friends who use other brands don't have this issue.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.19.2. Try updating the Arlo app to the latest version and see if that helps. You can also read the latest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.2 - 26th August 2020

WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
Even though the uninstall and upgrade to 2.19.1 worked as I wrote before, I took your advice and updated the app to 2.19.2. It appears to be working fine. Thanks for the heads up!

It’s a nice change to have someone on our side. Thank you!