Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Azor
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my four arlo camera is not syncing with my base station. Every time I try it blinks blue for some seconds and blinks Amber in quick succession. I have changed the batteries several times but it wouldn’t sync. The camera has been synced and in use for almost 6 months now but just went offline and wouldn’t sync back again. All other 3 cameras work fine, no issues. Please can anyone help urgently.
6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Azor

There are a couple of things you can try.

First, unplug the base station for one minute then plug it back in and allow a couple of minutes to boot up.

Next, remove the batteries and gently put them back in and let the battery door determine the proper pressure to seat them.

Next, bring the camera to within a couple of feet from the base station.

Then quickly press on the bse station's sync button, (do not hold it in for two seconds as the manual says), then press the sync button on the camera and see if anything changes.

If that doesn't work, delete the camera from your base station and using the app try adding it back in using the instructions after you press the add device button in the app's devices section.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

How long does it blink blue before blinking amber? Sounds like it's saying the battery levels are too low. Can you take batteries out of a working camera with a known good level and put them in this camera?

Azor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Steve, it blinks amber for upwards of 30 seconds before blinking amber.

I have swapped batteries from ones working ok but still wouldn’t sync
Azor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Brian,

I have deleted the camera from my account and added it back but still wouldn’t sync. In fact, I deleted aniother working camera as well and re synced without issues. I have unplugged the base station, re booted, removed batteries and replaced with ones from a working camera, put is side by side with the base station, tried syncing this camera but it still blinks amber after blinking blue for about 30seconds
brh
Master
Master

@Azor

At this point I think you have done about all you can do. It looks like a defective camera, but it should be under warranty still. Follow the Customer Support link in the green banner near the bottom of this page. Keep going until you reach the page with the phone number for the country you live in to contact them by phone.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing it from Settings, My Devices and resync. Any luck?