Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base won't connect to my iphone app

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
debsparkes13
Follower
Follower

I could not get my camera's to come back online after I recharged them.  So I reset the base to default factory settings and removed the app from my Iphone.  I began the installation all over again.  But now the base will not connect to my app.  I have followed all the instructions over and over.  But when I try and install a new device on the app, it will not find my base.  The base is definitely connected to the internet and is plugged in.  The app just continues to search and then says no device was located.  What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @debsparkes13

Have you tried using the web browser as well?

txwxman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same issue...base station will not connect to app.  I have tried both the iPhone app and browser and the result is the same. My system was unused for about 9 months while I was changing residences . Yesterday I recharged the cameras, reconnected the system, renamed and connected the cameras and it seemed to work fine. Today I installed one of the cameras outside. It would provide live video but would not detect motion and record.  I reset the base station and then it would not reconnect.  I have tried restoring to factory default but result is the same,...No Arlo Device found, while all the lights on the base station show green.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @txwxman

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

txwxman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response.  I have been able to resolve my issue.  I kept digging and reading and found the instructions which were either incomplete or I missed them that said that the reset to factory default required the button to be held until all the lights turned amber.  After I did this problem was solved.