Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of 4 Pro cameras is not connected to the base station. Says "Device is offline".

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dia_Monty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras (Arlo Pro (#1) VMS4230-100AUS) connected to my base station and all have permanent power supply and have been working fine for the

last few months.

One of the cameras (which happens to be the one that is most inaccessible) has an error message of

"Your camera is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your Base Station and has a working internet connection"

When I check the settings on the camera, it says 'Device is offline'.

What can I do to get the camera back on line, without having to take down the camera?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the camera still have a battery in it? If not, unplug the AC power for a short time and then plug it back in. Otherwise you likely will have to visit the camera to get it working.

Dia_Monty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply jgeurdat,

The battery is a re-chargeable battery and can't be removed.  I bought an outdoor power adapter (VMA4900-100AUS) to permanently keep the cameras on charge.

I got an electrician to come out and fit it under the eaves. 

I would have liked a solution that didn't require me to remove the camera from where it is now, as it's too high for me to reach, I guess I will have to buy a ladder 😞