Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
RaccoonCam
Guide
Guide

I have an Arlo Premium account with eight active cameras.  Three of them are arlo Pros, the remaining five are Arlos. Until a few days all was fine,

Then two cameras suffered low voltage.  I brought both in, the arlo pro I hooked up to the charger, the arlo I swapped batteries for a fully charged pair.

Both camera refused to rejoin the base station.  I removed them and tried to rejoin them, but no go.  incidentally, in the middle of this a second arlo camera hit low voltage, had its batteries swapped, and rejoined without issue.

I now have two cameras that refuse to join. 

What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
RaccoonCam
Guide
Guide

How do I reset cameras to factory state?  Is that even possible or necessary?

I want to do this because I deleted them from the base station and I am now trying to join them as new cameras and they WON'T JOIN.

I pay for Premium support, which is supposed to allow me to connect ten cameras.  Right now I only have six, and I used to have eight before removing these two as part of troubleshooting.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you deleted the cameras, you may want to also delete the base so you get a fresh start. Remove it from Settings, My Devices and perhaps hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and claim it again. Then sync the cameras.

RaccoonCam
Guide
Guide

Doesn't seem practical with six working cameras.  What if none of them will reconnect to the reset base station?  Then I'll be stuck with $1000 dollars of junk that doesn't work.

This "reset everything and do over" approach just means there isn't enough diagnostic data to know what 's really wrong.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a warranty, right? If things go awry, use it. In any case you can use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for both warranty and official support.

RaccoonCam
Guide
Guide

Nope, no warranty.  I've had it for a couple of years now.

Maybe you have better suggestions?