Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rickw12
Guide
Guide

I have version 3.5.4_28395 of the phone app on my Pixel 4a. The app switches from Armed to Schedule mode by itself. What can be done about this?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you ever set it to use the schedule? Try removing all entries in the schedule.

rickw12
Guide
Guide

Yes. I use the Schedule mode regularly. Why might removing the entries keep it from switching from Armed to Schedule automatically?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rickw12 wrote:

Yes. I use the Schedule mode regularly. 

Do you also use geofencing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@rickw12 wrote:

Yes. I use the Schedule mode regularly. Why might removing the entries keep it from switching from Armed to Schedule automatically?

First, note that when you go to the Mode card, the mode currently selected is shown but also has at least one additional icon with it. If you use the schedule, there will be a clock icon and if using geofencing there will be an additional location icon. Do you see either of these? If so, that may be why you're seeing Armed - the schedule and/or GF is set to use the Armed mode when you happen to look.

If you go further into the mode settings for the base, you should see that the schedule or GF is selected, not Armed. Do you?

To your question, removing and rebuilding the schedule can fix something goofy that has occurred.

rickw12
Guide
Guide
No, I never use geofencing. And when I said that I use schedule mode regularly, I didn't mean all the time. When I leave the house I switch it to armed.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I also get something similar with the iOS arlo app where when I return home and select schedule from armed mode and return to the mode page it says it is still armed. This seems to be a status update issue as the actual system mode had changed correctly.
Have you confirmed that when it switch’s that the actual system mode has also changed?
rickw12
Guide
Guide

How can you tell if the mode has switched if it doesn't say so?

rickw12
Guide
Guide

Yes, I see the clock icon beside Disarmed (when it is in schedule mode and it is not scheduled to be armed). What happens that started this thread is that I manually switch it to Armed, and later when I look it is on Disarmed (with the clock and when it isn't within the scheduled hours).

If someone knows by experience that rebuilding the schedule will correct it, then I'll do that. But I'm not going to the trouble based on the idea that it *might* be the problem. But thanks for responding.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@rickw12
“How can you tell if the mode has switched if it doesn't say so?”

For me, I enter my property and if the base station is still armed the siren, that I have enabled in the rules, will sound etc. If not then the base station has changed to schedule mode even though the app says it is still armed.