looking to add Pro 3 Floodlight to Arlo Pro setup

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
cjallan
Follower
Follower

Currently I have five Arlo Pro cameras with a base station, with no monthly plan. I'm looking to add a Pro 3 Floodlight, but it looks like I'll have a couple problems:

1. five camera limit? (if so, I can actually remove one of the existing Pro cameras)
  2. no video history? This was not 100% clear to me reading about all the Secure plans. Is the lack of video history with newer cameras for everything, including motion detection, or just manual recordings? Given what's worked so well for me over the years for free, I'm struggling to understand (or accept) that I'd buy a camera, get a motion detection notification, but not be able to see it even once without a subscription?
  3. If a subscription for the Pro 3 Floodlight is required, it looks like I could get away with $2.99/mo while my Pro cameras will still keep videos in the cloud for a limited time for free?

Sorry if this has been answered very clearly in other posts. I tried looking. It might just be me being surprised with these newer cameras essentially being useless now without a subscription. I see competitors do the same so I feel it's me who's behind the times with my free expectations. While looking around the site I considered an upgrade to a bundle with a doorbell, two Ultra cameras, and a floodlight, but that seems like it will definitely cost me $9.99/mo if I want to see anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

The Models released after 2018 require a subscription for cloud storage, a sign of the times. If you get just the Floodlight yes you can get a single cam sub for $2.99. If you get more like you mentioned  then the Unlimited cam sub for 9.99 would be worth it rather the multiple single cams sub. It will not effect the free 7 day storage on you current cams. You could set up local storage W/O a sub but it has many drawbacks so I just use it for back up. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

The Models released after 2018 require a subscription for cloud storage, a sign of the times. If you get just the Floodlight yes you can get a single cam sub for $2.99. If you get more like you mentioned  then the Unlimited cam sub for 9.99 would be worth it rather the multiple single cams sub. It will not effect the free 7 day storage on you current cams. You could set up local storage W/O a sub but it has many drawbacks so I just use it for back up.