Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app missing from location service list on iphone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
My wife got a new iphone and did a recovery / backup from the old to the new one.

The arlo app went missing in the location services on the new iphone.
All other apps are still listed there only arlo is missing. And since arlo does not want to ask the question again ”can arlo track you” it wont show up in the list and location is set to ”unknown” inside the app when you check phones im geo settings.

Ive tried deleting the app, removing that friend account from settings,, reinstalling, rebooting the phone, downloading the app from another itunes account but it just wont show up again.

Is thereany way to get arlo to ask for tracking / geo permission again?

Since all other apps are still in that list my guess this is some sort of bug in arlo bit not sure. Ill try contacting apple aboit this. Perhaps they can make itunes forget all about ever downloading that app or try making another email adress for my wife and add her phone again but all this seems a bit to much to do just to get heo to work with her new phone.

Any tips on this would be awesome and meanwhile I guess we will just have to login to arlo and deactivate everytime we come home.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
So I fixed this

On my wifes phone that the app refused to ask for permission again I logged in with the admin/master account in the arlo app and then it asked for permission for location again..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
So I fixed this

On my wifes phone that the app refused to ask for permission again I logged in with the admin/master account in the arlo app and then it asked for permission for location again..