Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app logging me out

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having some real issues with this Arlo app. I have the Arlo Pro with 2 cameras outside, not wired. I have an adroid cell phone. This app logs me off at times, and also seems like the cameras take quite some time to load on the app.

16 REPLIES 16
bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looking for some help. I just purchased the Arlo Pro with 2 wire free cameras. I have both cameras outside, one in the front of my home, and one in the back. I recieve motion alerts CONSTANTLY from shadows, blowing trees, ect. I have tried EVERYTHING. Numerous camera angles, motion sensitivity set to 0, you name it. The camera is still picking up shadows from blowing trees and everything else. I really don't want to get rid of these cameras, but I don't know what else to do. Very frustrating.
Eyevnoidea
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem with my setup (VMB3030) constantly sending alerts to my phone.

One of my cameras just died the other day for no apparent reason, after a two week period of constant alerts. It seemed that if the wind blew a spider web two feet in front of the lens, it would send an alert. So I turned down the sensitivity to about 45% and that still did no good (I did clear the spider web too). So when the batteries finally died a week later, after being replaced only two weeks prior, I tried putting in yet another set of batteries, but the camera never powered up again.

Now I'm down to just two cameras out of the original three, and I have no plans of replacing them with another arlo setup.

It would also be nice if arlo would be able to interface with our ethernet, and/or smart TV, but as I understand it, there is only one model that Samsung puts out which is capable of such a feature.

In my opinion, this system could use some modifications and upgrades to make them more user friendly and easily accessible

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @bmunro

What does the app say when you are logged out?

bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's working alright now. But now im just having trouble with the cameras. I've tried everything, but I constantly get motion notifications for shadows, wind blowing the trees, ect.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to adjust the sensitivity a bit on the respective cameras?

bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I have the sensitivity set at 0, and it is still picking up strictly shadow movement. I've also tried many different camera angles
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have an Arlo smart subscription or the basic subscription? if you have the smart subscription, can you try and remove the cameras from the Active list to the inactive and see if the notifications continue. I am curios to see what happens here.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bmunro wrote:
 I recieve motion alerts CONSTANTLY from shadows, blowing trees, ect.

That can be hard to manage, since the motion activity is real.  One of mine also alerts on reflections in the porch windows.

Have you tried using activity zones?

Also, the smart notification can help (disabling notification on "all other motion").

bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where is that located? All other motion?
bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just have the basic subscription I believe. Im not paying for anything so I think that's the basic subscription?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bmunro wrote:
Where is that located? All other motion?

It's the last choice in the Smart Notifications menu.   Note the classifications you want notifications for are set for each camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to try & reboot the cameras or remove them from Settings > My Devices > Re-add them?

bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not sure about the smart notifications, I could not find anything by that name. I am running them wireless, and I am using the Arlo app on my android phone. I did remove the devices from the app, and I will re-sync them to see if that helps
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Since you have the basic subscription you do not have the smart notification features. We will ignore that and continue with the re-syncing. Please keep me informed & I will be here to assist you.

bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Re-synced the devices and put them back outside. It is still picking up passing car light reflections even on 0 sensitivity
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support