Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app can't find the base station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jaromaa
Initiate
Initiate

I got yesterday my new Alro Pro package from a local shop. Today I have tried to install the device but the software can't find the base station. (The base station connects to camera but the sofware just can't find the base station.)

I have followed all the instructions you have made for example below maybe four times:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Arlo-can-t-discover-my-base-station-during-inst...

I have tried to discover the device from both, my phone (Iphone 7) and from my laptop (macbook pro) maybe 10 times and no result.

All lights are green and I have only one wireless network in my house where my phone and laptop are connected.

BTW your support doesn't work. Not an impressive start...

I just get the error message on the website:

ERROR The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: If0G6FI-uA72k3XA1u-EZApzkhGlWTzyE2eAVXHXRdETQd-tJgLpYA==

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jaromaa
Initiate
Initiate

I did that couple of times and it didn't work in my case. Anyway the problem has been solved now. My friend told me I had prolly wrong kind of router/network configuration and he told it prolly couldn't be fixed with my current router so I bought new WIFI-router and all went perfectly after that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jaromaa,

Consider factory resetting the base station by holding the reset button for 10 seconds. All LEDs will flash amber. Allow the base station to come back online and try again. Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

Jaromaa
Initiate
Initiate

I did that couple of times and it didn't work in my case. Anyway the problem has been solved now. My friend told me I had prolly wrong kind of router/network configuration and he told it prolly couldn't be fixed with my current router so I bought new WIFI-router and all went perfectly after that.