Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mytegirl
Tutor
Tutor

The app on my phone says that the base is offline. 

At the base there are five potential lights. The first three are lit up, maybe green ish color. 

I don't have any devices connected on my phone, no base no camera. Trying to troubleshoot this I deleted them. The base is plugged in to the wall for power and into the router with the approporiate cords. The system was working several days ago, and now, just doesn't. Equipment was not moved or changed. My phone where the app is, is on the same wifi network the base is plugged into. I do have two wifi's in the same room. 

HELP!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also press and hold the reset button?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mytegirl
Tutor
Tutor

The app on my phone says that the base, VMB 3000 is offline. 

At the base there are five potential lights. The first three are lit up, maybe green ish color. 

I don't have any devices connected on my phone, no base no camera. Trying to troubleshoot this I deleted them. The base is plugged in to the wall for power and into the router with the approporiate cords. The system was working several days ago, and now, just doesn't. Equipment was not moved or changed. My phone where the app is, is on the same wifi network the base is plugged into. I do have two wifi's in the same room. 

HELP!!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the system is totally confused. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Perhaps hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot. Use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim tthe base again. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

mytegirl
Tutor
Tutor

I did clear all devices. Then I tried to add device and it kep saying it can't find anything. The lights are a neony green. 

And thank you so much for responding. This shouldn't be this hard. 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also press and hold the reset button?

mytegirl
Tutor
Tutor

I walked away from it all... Came back, yes, I had it plugged into power and held the reset button. Then I plugged everything back in order. 

That seemed to work!

Thank you!

boilermaker13
Initiate
Initiate
Ckrodri
Initiate
Initiate
So it looks like the hub is connect the the internet but it’s not connecting to the app. I’ve tried resetting it several times and redoing the setup but nothing seems to work. I’m connecting to a cable router could that be the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? The power and Internet LEDs should be green and the Camera LED should be off or solid amber. If the Camera LED is green, that means the base is already claimed and a camera is connected to it. Is this a new setup or a refresh of an existing one?

Dreraven052
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I'm having the same issue! Base station is connected but the app can't find it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Answer my questions from the post before yours.

Dreraven052
Aspirant
Aspirant
All the lights on the base station are green
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means the base is already claimed (and at least one camera is synced) and you can't claim it again. What are you trying to do? Is this a new installation with new equipment or a reinstall and/or previously owned equipment?