Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Harlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since v.2.4.7, only 3 of my cameras show up under Devices on the iPhone X. Also, they've lost their custom camera name and reverted to the generic serial number.

My iPad version, 2.4.6 then 2.4.7 and now 2.4.8 work fine. as does the Web interface. iOS versions are always the latest, most recently in the last 24 hours, iOS 11.3.

An undated iPhone X with 2.4.6 works as did before with all 5 cameras showing in the Device list. A borrowed iPhone X with a clean install of 2.4.8 shows the same problem with only 3 cameras listed.

Can we get someone in Netgear Engineering to look into this? I had mentioned this in an earlier discussion thread and thought it would be rolled into the fixes folks with no video were holding out for. Disappointingly, no.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Harlo,

It sounds like you are signing in using a shared account via the Grant Access feature and not all cameras are shared. Camera names are specific to the account (if you change the name on the primary account, this name will not be reflected on the shared account). 

Are you signing in using the primary account or a shared account?

JamesC

Harlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion - I agree that the symptom does sound like an account log on issue but I can assure you it is the Primary account I'm signed into. 

Signing off and back into this account on my other iPhone X still on v.2.4.6 works as expected. But just not on 2.4.7 or 2.4.8.

Yes, I have several iPhone X's at my disposal to test. I should also point out it somehow works fine on my iPad.

Thanks.

Harlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any more thoughts, any one please? Happy to offer additional info to help Netgear Engineering troubleshoot.

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Harlo,

I've opened and escalated a support case on this issue. An agent should reach out to you via email to gather more information.

JamesC