Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Transmission Channel

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is it just me and my tools or is Arlo no longer following the router 2.4GHz channel? After the Arlo update (and a subsequent Orbi update) Arlo is running seven (7) channels away from the router. Is this part of the Arlo update or is something else going on with my set up. No complaints at the moment but this is unexpected since both the router and Arlo have been using the same channel since I aquired Arlo last November. Orbi is on auto select for 2.4GHz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Interesting note. All morning after updating Orbi, Arlo stayed on Ch 10, while as I worked with the Obri update (needed to resync one satelittle with poor backhaul so reset Orbi a few times). Orbi on auto select kept moving about changing channels during reboot and resync efforts. Arlo hung where it was without moving for hours. However, when I rebooted Arlo, it then fell in line with Orbi. For the future, anytime I need to reboot my router, or when there is a firmware upgrade on my router, I will also reboot Arlo afterward.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update

Rebooting Orbi, it changed channels and Arlo stayed on Ch 10. Orbi router and satelittes went from Ch 3 to Ch 8. All this time Arlo stayed on Ch 10. Now overlapped with Orbi. Is this right? Arlo on a fixed channel? Anyone else seeing this?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Interesting note. All morning after updating Orbi, Arlo stayed on Ch 10, while as I worked with the Obri update (needed to resync one satelittle with poor backhaul so reset Orbi a few times). Orbi on auto select kept moving about changing channels during reboot and resync efforts. Arlo hung where it was without moving for hours. However, when I rebooted Arlo, it then fell in line with Orbi. For the future, anytime I need to reboot my router, or when there is a firmware upgrade on my router, I will also reboot Arlo afterward.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't see it here... running 3 bases and Orbi / 1 Sat

The Orbi & bases are all sitting on the same channel as they use to.  Mind that the bases sit within 6 ft of the Orbi or Sat ( cable lenght away )

How far away are yours and have you lowered the signal strength on the Orbi ?

* EDIT ; see that we overlapped answers... Yes reboot can change channels till they settle out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------