Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Activating the Alarm

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RCatPC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was trying to turn the alarm on. The icon doesn’t appear to activate the alarm. The drop down is available and the alarm will sound manually. I am trying to set it so the alarm will activate with motion. 

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you selecting, in the MODE, the siren after setting up the camera?  you have to toggle it on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You need to edit mode, get to rules page, edit the rule you want to add the siren, hit - add device, on the next scree add the base, save. Repeat for any other rule you want to add the siren. Save mode.

RCatPC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your response,

It looks like my only two choices are record video or do nothing. When I look at a device, top right, I see the settings button and the number of recorded videos. It doesn’t give me the option for alarm.

RCatPC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for any help you can give,

My only two. Hoices appear to be do nothing or record video. I know that I have a siren and that it works. I have activated it manually.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Maybe this will help better than my brief explanation:

https://kb.arlo.com/1145368/How-do-I-create-a-rule-that-includes-a-siren-trigger

RCatPC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply,

The problem is with step #7. I don’t have the option showing to turn the Siren On. I have a siren on the base station and can activate it manually.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When editing your rule, use the Add Device selection near the bottom to add additional actions including the siren.