Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Stopped Pushing Notifications To Phone Model VMB4000

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tosado
Tutor
Tutor

Reading my arlo pro it says model is VMB4000 although its not on the list. I was recieving notificatons on my phone everytime there was motion detected on my cameras for almost a year. All of a sudden about a month ago it stopped. In the settings the notifications are set to which sound it will make, it is ON. I cant figure out why I am not getting the notifications. All settings i have tried are correct on the camera and my phone. It is still detecting and recording, just not notifying me.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What firmware version is your base station running? What device/model/os are you using? Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Android? You need to insure you have given Arlo phone permission under Settings>Apps>Arlo>Permissions. If the phone permission is off you will not get push notifications.

tosado
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks after uninstalling and reinstalling it did ask me about the permissions and now it is working, thanks

tosado
Tutor
Tutor

thanks after i uninstalled and reinstalled i figured out is was permission needed to be granted. Not sure how it was changed but its fixed now, thanks again!!

Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice

thanks!!

just brought a new phone and i was't receiving notifications either.

i think it's a glitch in the app during first install, as the fingerprint unlock request request popps up over the permission access pop up,  i uninstalled and reinstalled and the 2nd time i got the permission access in time !