Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Solar Panel > How to camera mount ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jonny22
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I recently got the arlo solar panel and have an issue wall mounting with the camera.

Basically, the solar panel has been mounted without issues but when it plugs into the back of the arlo pro, the USB plug protudes about 1 cm. 

If the camera is not wall mounted this is not an issue but mine are via the screw hole.

The issue is on the screw is a threaded metal 'nut' (for lack of a better term) that you would screw down to your arlo pro to keep the arlo from unscrewing itself etc in the wind over time and falling off.

Anyone else had this issue or do arlo do a mount that is compatible with the solar usb plug?

what-i-mean.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... there was a product change on those larger lock nuts... either contact Netgear Support

Or a local hardware for a 1/4-20 nut  should fix the issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jonny22
Guide
Guide

Is that the same size that was included with the arlo solar panel mount? (if so I tried that and had the same issue)

p.s. do they do a longer cable for the solar panel? The one I have is way too small (ideally I need one that is 5-10Meters

williadw1955
Star
Star

I have the same issue.

How hard would it have been for someont to test the connections before creating one that doesnt fit with the original plastic screw on?

I have 4 cameras mounted with the original screw in mounts.