Arlo Smartbase VMB4000 not found by App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rosswright
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo system using VMB4000 was working fine until a few days ago. The base station disappeared from the App Dashboard. I followed the instructions to re-install including resetting the base station to factory settings. 
I still cannot connect the Base station to the app (or any Arlo Pro 2 Cameras….which also now require reconnecting (following the reset). 
I’ve powered up/down and done the factory resets 3 times but am still in limbo.

the base station has green lights for power & internet and amber for the devices LED.

suggestions?? 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's possible something in the base has failed, are you using a VPN? If so, disable it.

Rosswright
Tutor
Tutor

VPN is disabled.

at the time that the base station disappeared from the App dashboard, the attached cameras could still be armed / disarmed without any dramas. 
of course, after following the Arlo advice to reset the base station no cameras can connect

Rosswright
Tutor
Tutor

The base station is still recognised on my wifi network so it is not as if it is ‘invisible’ to other devices - just the Arlo app.

Rosswright
Tutor
Tutor

Out of desperation I factory reset the base station again and this appears to have solved the problem as I am now able to connect the base station and cameras to the app.

problem solved!