VMB4000 has stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JK18929
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have had my system for almost 6 years. It’s not perfect, but it has always worked for me. Up until last week, I have been able to see motion related event recordings on a rolling previous 7 day basis.  Last week, the system has stopped storing recordings via the app. I have done the typical troubleshooting steps…restarted, tested to confirm motion detection is working, but still not recordings. When I view my cameras in the app, I am able to see a thumbnail of the latest movement, but not videos in the library. I am able to view live and event manually record - which is accessible via the library. I don’t have a subscription, and not looking to get one. Just wondering if Arlo changed anything recently to push folks towards the subscription model. 

I’m reaching out to see if there is anyway for me to get the system “working” the way it has been in the past and continue to access rolling 7 day recordings via the app.

thanks in advance for your help !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Other users with this issue have reported that removing the cameras and base from the account, resetting the base with a paper-clip, and adding everything back resolved it for them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Other users with this issue have reported that removing the cameras and base from the account, resetting the base with a paper-clip, and adding everything back resolved it for them.

JK18929
Aspirant
Aspirant

This did the trick! 
Still wondering why this happened. 

Thank you so much for helping out!

@StephenB