Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart - Trial over = No more notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jiml2083
Tutor
Tutor

I opted into the Arlo Smart 30-day trial period with the intention of extending the monthly service after the trial ended. I am unable to recall when the 30-day trial began but I know that I am well past the end of it. I have noticed that I am no longer receiving motion notifications for the camera that had the trial "installed" on. It does, however, record as programmed and does respond to mode changes. It just does not push any notifications My 4 remaining cameras will record, respond to mode changes, and push notifications via the app without issues. I have uninstalled the app, restarted the base station multiple times, and even deactivated the camera several times all without success. 

I do not have immediate access to the camera so I can not try the unpair the camera to the base station option. With that said, I feel as though everytime that something changes I have to unpair at least one of my cameras. Kind of annoying for a system that costs as much as it does. 

When I try to manage my analytics trial and sent the view plans page (see attached image). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Honestly , think you have to wait till you have access to the cameras....

Make sure the smart option is deleted in settings/subscription and then REMOVE DEVICE and bring back as new

( add in a base reboot with power button before bringing cam back online )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jiml2083
Tutor
Tutor

No luck! Should the camera come back named the same thing or should it come back as the "factory" name?

Also, when I tried to remove the Arlo smart feature I am still sent to the webpage for me to upgrade my subscription from 5 cameras to 10 or 15. Even trying to add the Arlo Smart feature to another camera sends me to the subscription page. 

jiml2083
Tutor
Tutor

Just did some testing -

The camera will trigger email notification of motion but no push notifications.