Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KTGerchak
Aspirant
Aspirant

We started an arlo secure subscription.  But, thus far, haven't been able to connect any of our current cameras to it.  In another help question we saw that maybe the route to go was to remove all the devices and then add them again, and then they would be automatically added to the secure plan.  I removed one of the cameras to test this out.  Then went to add camera and it asked me the type of camera, I did that, it then told me to make sure the base was plugged into the Ethernet cable (it is) and then plug in the base (it is).  All the lights are on properly showing the base is connected online.  When I look under devices the base shows up as a device.  But when I click next it searches for the base and continually pops up that "Your Base Station could not be discovered. "  It then offers to do a factory reset or search again.  Our place has 2 different wifi networks (one hidden, one public with a password).  I tried connecting my laptop to both and retrying but had the same result.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KTGerchak wrote:

When I look under devices the base shows up as a device.  But when I click next it searches for the base and continually pops up that "Your Base Station could not be discovered. "  

Are you trying this from your phone or from your laptop?

Either way, is the phone/pc connected to your normal home wifi?

Is the base station connected to one of your router's LAN port?

If not, how is it connected?

KTGerchak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I mainly am using my laptop, but did try it on the mobile app once as well.  Both were running off the wifi to connect.
The base station is connected through the wifi router through an eternet cable.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're trying to add the base again.  Exactly what do you have connected that shows in Settings, My Devices (old user interface that shows Library to view videos) or Settings, Home, Devices if using the new UI (which has Feed to view videos)? What model camera(s) are you trying to connect?

You would select the proper camera model when adding a device and maybe get a prompt to connect to a base or hub or to connect to WiFi (depends on the camera model). Since this is the Pro camera section, I assume that's the type camera you have but it's good to be clear. A quick way to connect a Pro to a base is to briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it - and then the camera button. The app or web page isn't needed.

Once all cameras are connected, if using the old UI, you may need to go to Settings, Sub scription, Manage Cameras to add them to the subscription. I'm not sure how the new plans work with the old UI in this scenario but it's worth checking.

KTGerchak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing shows in "My Devices"  all the devices are under "Shared Devices".  Under that I have 4 pro (pro 1) cameras (used to be 5 until I removed the one yesterday), 1 floodlight camera (used to be 2 until I removed one yesterday), and the base. 

The UI under settings is arranged as: Device Settings (My devices and shared devices); Account (profile, grant access, buy add-ons); Subscription (arlo secure, arlo safe); Arlo Secure (smart notifications, package detection); System (device order, support, data privacy, about).

When I go to the add camera button (for the pro) it is under the devices tab at the top of the screen and then a button that says add new device.  From there it takes me to a screen that lists the devices to choose from, when I press the pro button a pop-up asks which type. (https://my.arlo.com/#/addDevice)   When I click on pro 1 it comes up with the base station connection screen (https://my.arlo.com/#/basestation

I will try the sync button for the pro camera and see if that resolves the issue and let you know either way.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KTGerchak wrote:

Nothing shows in "My Devices"  all the devices are under "Shared Devices".  Under that I have 4 pro (pro 1) cameras (used to be 5 until I removed the one yesterday), 1 floodlight camera (used to be 2 until I removed one yesterday), and the base. 

Then you are using the "Friend" account.  Did you purchase the subscription from your account?  Or did you purchase it from the primary account?

If you purchased it from your account, you either

1. need to cancel the subscription, and purchase one from the primary account, or
  2. need to remove the shared devices and shift them over to your account.