Geofencing not working again

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Gooseboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB4000re base station and once again geofencing has completely stopped working, even though I’ve now only got enabled phone as opposed to 2 previously. I’ve followed all the rules in the kb articles, it still doesn’t work. So I now have 3 cameras that are effectively useless. What a complete waste of money.

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a look here for tips to troubleshoot Geofencing: https://kb.arlo.com/000062271/Why-isn-t-the-Geofencing-mode-working

JamesC

Gooseboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James but I have already read that kb article and followed all of the instructions. Geofencing still refuses to work.

ArloUser12
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesCI'm experiencing the same issue.

It seems to have started after I got my new iPhone. For some reason, Arlo doesn't update my system to "Armed" when I leave the house.

Things I have done:

1. Removed the old iPhone device from my devices
2. Removed the app and reinstalled
3. Signed back in and made sure current iPhone is the only one listed.
4. Made sure location services is set to "allow always".

Is there anything else I can try?

Gooseboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Come on Arlo, this is not acceptable. I've followed all of the rules stated in the KB's and even removed and reinstalled the app, stil Geofencing doesn't work. I have 3 cameras in my home and I could be getting burgled right now and wouldn't know a thing about it. This is unacceptable, get it sorted or provide your customers with a refund.

Airrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are inherit bugs with the Arlo software which have been going on for months. Specifically, geofencing is broken. This is one of the main reasons I purchased the Arlo system to begin with. Arlo’s leadership team simply does not care about their end users nor their experience. The Arlo leadership team should be ashamed of themselves for letting this go on for so long. It’s a shame as this was once a good product/company, but clearly no longer is.

PaulCullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

have you had any luck getting resolved?

I’ve a system with 2 cameras and a doorbell, and in the past few weeks the geofencing has stopped working. 
I contacted Arlo more than two weeks ago and im still waiting to hear back. 
many thanks

paul

ArloUser12
Aspirant
Aspirant

No luck whatsoever, even after completely removing and re-adding everything multiple times.

And @JamesC  seems to have gone quiet. 😥

Gooseboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

No luck with Arlo, but I was able to achieve geofencing using the app IFTTT, which allows you to set rules for apps including Arlo. Fairly shaming on Arlo that I had to do this though 

PaulCullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much. I will try IFTTT. Did you manage to set up the geofencing based on the location of more than one phone?

kurzninja
Tutor
Tutor

I have problems with the Geofencing suddenly not working for no reason as well. My wife and I both have phones that are set as having access to the cameras to trigger the geofencing.

I find that when I stops working, the solution for me is to go into the Geofencing settings for each camera and "edit" and resave my address for the geofencing location. That seems to somehow update the geofence settings and as soon as I exit the arming screen it updates my cameras to the appropriate armed/disarmed mode. This is obviously a bug in the way the app is remembering or forgetting to check the location data and shouldn't be hard for Arlo engineers to track down where the breakdown is.