Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro won't charge, sync or turn on. Tried plugging in and light briefly turns on for 2 secs.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
aaliahc
Aspirant
Aspirant

A little while ago, my second Arlo camera disappeared from my app. I have since attempted to resync it but it doesn't connect. When I have tried to recharge the camera, I plug it in to power and the blue light turns on briefly for 2 seconds then turns off. When I try to sync it, nothing happens. No lights blink and the app doesnt pick it up even when I am standing right next to the base. My other Arlo camera is still connected and synced withthe home base and have never had an issue. There hasn't been a move, or been dropped. Please help. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define "disappeared from my app" - it shows as offline or it doesn't appear anyplace at all?

Have you tried using AC power when attempting to sync? Try it both with and without the battery.

aaliahc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. It was no longer on the dashboard when I logged in on my phone. I tried to re sync it to my phone but it doesn’t flash the blue light, it only turns on for two seconds when I plug it in to charge then nothing, so the base and phone don’t pick it up. Hope that makes sense.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It shouldn't have just disappeared from the app without someone using the Remove button in the camera settings. A camera that's not functioning shows up but is noted as offline.

Since the camera doesn't respond to pressing the sync button, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a possible warranty replacement.

Dholly
Guide
Guide

I’m been having a similar issue for over a week now, not removed, just off line as well as my other FOUR Arlo cameras. Still haven’t resolved it  (see new post).

Try removing the battery & re sync while plugged in…

GL