Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro won't charge battery and has no audio

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Unhingedtaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro camera will not charge battery and has no audio. Can put a charged battery in it and all functions work except still no audio. Only 6 months old. For the price I paid I was expecting better.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Electronic failures happen. That's why there are warranties.

Are you charging the camera with the Arlo/Netgear charger that has both 5v and 9v outputs listed? Have you tried charging a different camera successfully?

For the audio, have you checked your settings for both the camera as well as your modes? Exactly what does "has no audio" mean?

Unhingedtaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the Arlo/Netgear charger that came with it in the package.
The package I purchased has the base station and 3 cameras. Two cameras are working fine so far. To charge the 3rd one I have to put the battery in one of the other cameras. The battery will then charge.
I have checked the audio in devices and in settings for this camera. The microphones and speakers are both turned on and the volume is turned up.
it records video but without any sound with it. It will still alert me to audio on the app and I can use the two way audio on the app and it will transmit over the camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If new enough, swap at the store. Otherwise open a case with support since that's the only way to handle a hardware problem:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

For the audio issue, is this for the app or a browser? Have you tried both? For the app, Android or iOS? What device and OS?  Is this for the camera that won't charge or for all cameras?

Unhingedtaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app is on my Samsung Galaxy j7 skypro. Not sure how to try it in the browser.
Out of three cameras only the one is affected.
I bought this online and not sure that I can take it back or return it. I purchased it last June or July

Unhingedtaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just checked it in the browser and still no sound although it is alerting on the browser and in the app that audio has been detected

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Unhingedtaz wrote:
Out of three cameras only the one is affected.
I bought this online and not sure that I can take it back or return it. I purchased it last June or July

Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx