Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
charleschiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have bought the system for a while and just set it up about a week ago. I am having difficulty editing rules in the mode.
I have tried to do that in both Android App and the web portal.
When I save the rule name and all the details in the rule, it will display as expected. However, when I switch the screen to another mode profile and then switch back to the original mode profile, it will lose the rule details and name. the name will be updated to a serial number and the details will be reset.

I know the fact that this happens to both mobile app and web portal. This is something to do with how the rules are stored within your backend (database, message queue, and/or possibly caching). Given that the web portal is built on top of Angular, there might be a delay, lost connection or data override by firing multiple update ajax requests in a short time. Please look into this. A large technology enterprise like Netgear should have sufficient amount of development capacity to address this issue in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not a problem with the backend - it's something about your system.  Have you power cycled the base?  I doubt it's needed but a reset of the system may help. That would mean removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and starting fresh.  Verify that the firmware on all your devices is up to date by comparing to what's posted in the Release Notes section here.  Old firmware causes weird problems.

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same problem, but only with a 3rd camera I added yesterday.

I can rename the device, but the mode name defaults to the serial number of the new camera, and no matter what rule changes I make and save, leaving the page and coming back reverts back to the defaults I first started with on this camera.  annoying as all get out.  All 3 cameras and the hub have latest revisions, I've rebooted the hub twice and removed and repaired the new camera too many times to count.  WHAT IS GOING ON??????

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Do you also have an All Motion On mode? It's sounding like you guys need to reset the system and start fresh. That clears out all kinds of weirdnesses.
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary
Yep, I just deleted all 3 cameras, rebooted the base station, and added them all back in. So far the mode rules are holding...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the base is not a reset.  Glad it's working but be prepared to do a true reset as above.