Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Smart Trial Issues Have ruined 1 of my cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
papalatistudios
Aspirant
Aspirant

Signed up for the trial for one camera. Decided to not autorenew so left the box unchecked in the app. Never got a bill and Arlo Smart was still working past 30 days. Had to charge the battery on the camera. Plugged it in and once it got enough juice it started to pull down a new firmware. 1.092.0.5_13833 

The firmware updated correctly, as far as I can tell, it finished charging and I put it back and started charging our non-arlo smart camera. (Again the Arlo Smart Trial only works for (1) camera.) 

We usually get notices throughout the night, people driving by etc, but no push notifications came from the Arlo Smart activated camera. I checked the following morning and everything was still set the way it had been. Record video, 10sec intervals, push notifications. Both cameras are setup the same way. I checked the other one and it was pushing, but this one wasn't. 

I looked in the Arlo App and the Arlo Web App and tried everything. The only way I could get it to do push notifications was if I said DO NOT record video. Then Push would work. Doesn't matter the amount of unchecking in the app. Rebooting of the device nothing helped. 

Several people say to go to Analytics and then Manage and choose the No thanks to Arlo Smart option. I don't have that option in the iOS or the PC web based version. It just isn't there. 

It is almost as if they offered me Arlo Smart and then took away the ability for me to turn it off.  You can see in the screenshots below. The second image shows that I have Arlo Smart or had it. Then the first one is the screen after I click on Manage in Analytics or if I click on Subscription as shown in the second image it takes me to the same page with NO option to do anything with Arlo Smart. 

So, I can't cancel the Arlo Smart Trial, cause I have no option to do so even though it shows in the pics I have it under subscription. 

I tried to open a ticket but after I type in the title and the description and hit next it just loops back to the same screen with no errors and I tried 3 different browsers and 2 different platforms. 

This is absurd.

Anyone else with this issue?  

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

papalatistudios,

Thanks for the screenshots and issue description, i've escalated this topic for further investigation. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

papalatistudios
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks JamesC. Looking forward to getting my camera up and running again.
papalatistudios
Aspirant
Aspirant
Really disappointed it is taking so long to get my security camera up and running again...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

papalatistudios,

Would it be possible for you to try setting up a new account (using a different email address)? Log in to your current account and remove all devices from Settings > My Devices.

After the devices are removed, click "New to Arlo" and go through the setup process again with the new email address.

JamesC