Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro vs Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,

I just recently bought an Arlo Pro two camera system. I also purchased an Arlo Q. I do like the Arlo Pro system and will be primarily using it for outdoor surveillance. The intention was to use the Arlo Q indoors for the kids. However, speaking from a price point perspective I could get a 4 camera Arlo pro for about $115 more. My question is am I better off going with a 4 camera Pro system or should I stick with the Arlo pro 2 cam system with 1 Arlo Q? Are there any benefits of the Arlo Q over the Pro other than 1080p vs 720p? I'm kind of torn at the moment as to whether or not I should return the 2 cam system and Arlo Q for the 4 cam Arlo Pro pack instead. Keep in mind I only need two cams outside.
2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have also been through this thought process.

Over and above the higher resolution, the nice thing about the Q is that it's externally powered right out of the box and offers 24/7 video monitoring plus optional 24/7 cloud recording.

If you don't need the higher res. and the 24/7 features, but like the external power, then you could remove the battery and still externally power your pros. from an inexpensive USB 5v 1.5A power supply.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q has a superior 'sense' method.... It works on pixel change vs the Pro using PIRs

Pixel change is it detects changes from what the camera actually sees.

Other diff is the Q is not outdoor rated.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------