Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a way to allow unlimited recording as long as the cameras are sensing motion?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ClintEastwood
Initiate
Initiate

I see there is a way to extend record time to two minutes. Is there a way to allow unlimited recording as long as the cameras are sensing motion? If someone is trying to enter my house I want my camera to record more than just 2 minutes of the attempt. Please help with this.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't believe so. You'd need an Arlo Q for continuous recording. With Arlo and Arlo Pro, when it starts recording, it no longer has the motion sensor on. Once it finishes recording for the set amount of time, it takes a few seconds to reset itself and activate the motion sensor again. I believe it is one of the shortcomings of being a battery-based camera as it needs to conserve battery power when possible

ClintEastwood
Initiate
Initiate

Hey Steve. Thanks for the response. I do understand the fact of conserving battery but I do believe it should be an option offered for the owners of the camera to be allowed to do that. I like the cameras a lot. But the more I'm using them the more I see there are some short comings with them. I think I will be returning my set.