Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ChipD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I must be missing something. I have the Arlo Pro with 3 cameras.  One is inside and two outside.  I want to turn on the two outside cameras during the day but NOT the inside camera and have it send me alerts if there is motion.

When I go to Mode it asks me which camera but does NOT allow me to select both outside cameras.  How do I do that?

4 REPLIES 4
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

After you set up the first camera and save it, you go back and edit it (pencil) at the bottom, add rule and do the same for the next camera. Don't forget you can have one camera trigger the other with another rule.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS;

You have to create a custom mode...ADD a MODE.   You need to split the all cameras ( ARMED ) into two groups inside/outside.  A new mode should have the outside cameras as you can use Armed mode (all ) when you want in and out active

Tips;

Only one mode can run at a time,

Any camera not in the active mode is off

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ChipD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think what I just realized is that creating modes on my Desktop PC is different from either my Ipad or my Iphone.  On my PC, I DON'T have the option of adding the other cameras, but on my IPAD I can do that.  That was my problem.  So it looks like I'll just do the creating/editing of modes on my Ipad/Iphone.

Thanks.

Chip 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know how the iOS app works but both the PC and Android versions allow adding cameras. Create a mode which adds one camera. Save and re-edit the mode to add cameras. I do this on a regular basis.