Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kram67
Guide
Guide

Whilst on holiday I received an alert at the front of the house.  I looked in the library to see that it was Lawn man coming to feed the Lawn. I then tried to switch to live view to check the rear of the house, but the whole Arlo Pro system was down.  It remained down, i.e. not connected to the internet, for the remainder of the holiday - not ideal.  I could connect to other devices in the house without any problems, so the interenet was definitely up and running.

When I got home I checked the consumer unit to see if any switches had been thrown, but all were fine. I then checked the base station, which was on, but still not working. Switched it off and then on and everthing came back up.  But the batteries on all the cameras where down to 1 or 2% (I made sure they were all fully charged before going on holiday) which suggests they have been continuosly recording, yet there are no recordings in the library. 

Any ideas as to what happened?  

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Possibly a momentary power glitch.  The Arlo bases seem to have an issue with powerglitches and long outages.  Use of a UPS for your modem, router and base helps fly through stuff like this.

Kram67
Guide
Guide

Maybe that's the cause - but it doesn't explain the battery issues?  

I hope Netgear come up with a solution quickly! 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The batteries drained fast due to the cameras looking for the base, you can restart the base on the app remotely.
Kram67
Guide
Guide

I don't believe you can restart the base station remotely if it appears offline.

SUSI_Q
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't believe you can either...we had a thunderstorm and now the Box won't come on at all?
Kram67
Guide
Guide

Any chance of an OFFICIAL response from Netgear on this issue?

I won't hold by breath....!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kram67,

If the base station is offline, you won't be able to restart remotely. As mentioned above, it sounds like a power outage may have occurred, bringing the base station offline. This would also explain the battery drain.

JamesC

Kram67
Guide
Guide

Thank you James.

I assume that Netgear will be resolving this - so when can we expect a firmware relase with the fix?