Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gastropod11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey all, 

I currently have a  setup with two cameras, and I love it! For the past few days though, my one camera has either stopped recording motion altogether, or it will only detect motion when you literally walk right next to it. I have tried removing the battery from the Arlo Pro and also removed the device and re-synced with the base station. I have noticed that in this last month, sometimes recordings will come through with blue and orange lines running through them, or a loud screeching sound during the recordings. I believe my camera is going bad. Its under a roof so it isn't exposed to horrible weather or anything though, and this camera is my more recently purchased one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
If your within your return period with the place you purchased at, I would return it for an exchange. Otherwise, you will have to troubleshoot and try to get a replacement from Netgear. Sounds like a bad unit to me if your other cameras are working.
gastropod11
Aspirant
Aspirant
I appreciate it! I'm past my return period at Best Buy, so I'll contact netgear further about this issue. Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gastropod11,

It could be an interference issue at the cameras location, you might try swapping locations with the camera that is behaving correctly to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC