Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Glitch (cannot move sirens above cameras) when rearranging device order (in iOS and web portal)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bibik
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is anyone having issues with a strange glitch when rearranging the Device Order (for the sirens in particular), in both the web app and the mobile app? I'm using iOS, Windows 7, Arlo Pro.

Just a little background:

When I first set up my Home system, the app had the siren on top by default, so I moved to the bottom below my cameras.

Today, I set up a new system (new account) at work, and friended my work account to my Home account, with full access. Now when I log into my Home account, my order is:

Home camera 1-4
Work camera 1
Work camera 2
Home siren
Work siren

There are a few issues:

In iOS:
1. For some reason, I cannot move and save the siren position; if I move them above or in between the cameras (or the cameras in between or below the sirens) and hit "save", the sirens always move back to the bottom below the cameras. They are always grouped together.

2. I can move the cameras around each other and save, but the sirens are stuck in position below the cameras. And for some strange reason, when I hit save after moving anything at all (cameras or sirens), the sirens switch positions.

3. Strangely enough, because of #2 above, the only way to move/save the siren position (still within their own "group") is to move the camera position, hit save, and let the glitch move the siren automatically.

In Windows web portal:
1. When I hit save, the above iOS issues do not happen, but after I log out, everything reverts back to before.

Anyone else having these problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. When making changes to device order, be sure to click "Save" to commit any changes made.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

here's another thread... https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-PRO-Device-order/m-p/1249195#M9571

So your the second...

I tested yesterday on win 10 / Fire Fox, Android on S7 os v6 , and Ipad on ios 9.3.5  and had no issue

But funny, this morning on Android, I noticed my two main Devices were swapped in order  position( Q cam and Arlo Base ).

My Base unit was always first, is now listed as second after Q

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bibik
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks TomMac.

So if you go to device order in the iOS app, and hit save without doing anything, does your siren(s) switch places, or move to the bottom below the cameras?
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

This is very simliar to the issue I'm having. I'm referencing it here also since they appear to be the same issue.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-PRO-Device-order/m-p/1249698/highlight/false#M9660

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have been able to replicate this as described. I have escalated this topic for further investigating by the engineering team.

JamesC

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

It's now been a week, do we have any update on this? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently being investigated by engineering. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Terrywade63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have there been any updates on this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. When making changes to device order, be sure to click "Save" to commit any changes made.

JamesC