Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro smart notification issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BradGalloway
Star
Star
I recently upgraded my subscription for smart notifications and having a few issues.

Problem 1 is I get 2 notifications for a person or vehicle detected. One that's the normal push telling you motion is detected and one that's the smart push telling you it's a person etc. If there is something that's not selected, such as an animal or motion, I still get the normal push notification. Saying motion. This happens on two devices. Apps reinstalled., different modes used and cameras cycled.. It's like I have the smart subscription notifications as well as the basic at the same time.

Problem 2 is zones don't work for me. If I set them, I still get notifications I don't want. Could be related to problem 1.

Problem 3 when I am adding or removing zones, a plug in chime I have on one mode to alarm when motion is detected on my driveway is removed from the profile. Still in the system but I have to add back to tell it to chime when motion is detected.

Anyone else having these issues?
1 REPLY 1
dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had numerous issues with the "smart" crap as well, and one, like you're describing, is that I still receive the "motion is detected" alert for a camera which is only set to alert for people, and then 5 or 10 seconds later I'll receive FOUR MORE back-to-back alerts that a person has been detected, all for one single event on that camera.  I'm running Android 8 on a Galaxy S9.