Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Epson
Tutor
Tutor

No response from Arlo support.   I woke up this morning  and my Arlo Pro (single Camera) had recorded a lot of video.  I signed into my Arlo Web and hand no Mode Icon, and no devices.  My app showed that the camera recorded about 80 instances.  When I went to view them I was presented with a Banner "Activate 3 month trial subscription".  And my Base station was taken off line. When did Arlo start charging a subscription for Arlo Pro??   I've tried to bring my base station back online, but everytime it boots up, I'm presented with "Activate 3 months trial subscription".  I can see the thumbnails for my captured videos, but they will not play, again, I'm being told to activate my subscription.  I've tried to reach out to support, called twice this morning reached someone who proceeded to disconnect me.  2nd time was on hold 92 mins and call dropped.    Is anyone else being told to now activate a subscription for  their free service Arlo Pro??    

Thanks!

66 REPLIES 66
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Takes forever to get connected..gives bad info about devices..says something about 3 month trial active which i never signed up for and already am paying for cloud services...say base station offline...can’t connect to any cameras...totally upset that company servers are causing this problem..I expect 24X7 Availability and this interruption has me extremely concerned.

Deserto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the Same Probleme just after i updated my iphone 😑
Dedrian
Aspirant
Aspirant
DashAsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here,  nothing seems to solve the issue.  I think they might be experiencing this across the board.  

Booger2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, just bought and installed yesterday, worked fine until just now

NewtonAurelius
Tutor
Tutor

I am seeing the same thing: error 504.  It started around noon today (Saturday, August 8th), but it just started working again for me.  I think it must have been a problem with the main Arlo servers.

DJS100
Aspirant
Aspirant
Must be a server issue, everyone is getting the same error code including me
Epson
Tutor
Tutor

My neighbor also uses Arlo - just texted him - same issue with him, cameras and base stations (he has 2 base) went offline this morning.  He received a notice to activate his subscription.  He's also an Arlo Pro. 

It looks like a larger issue.  If this is the case, Arlo should have sent a notification to anyone and everyone effected - and that would ease the congestion on their contact center.  

Onicow
Aspirant
Aspirant

unable to access cameras or base station on my app. 

Ippo2001
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same to me, this morning was working fine, now that I came back I couldn't switch it off and it's still sending notification. I tried to access using the app and the web site but I get always the same error, time out connection.
bac12312
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't seem to figure out what is going on with my ARlo.  Today I checked it to see which cam batteries were low.  It was telling me no devices were connected including my base station/cameras.  It is dragging when I login.  I did a search in the community and found topics about no devices listed so I removed my base station like a dummy and now it won't let me add it back.  I get status codes 'https://myapi.arlo.com/hmsweb/v2/users/devices?eventId=3C8C4072-2A31-4FFD-B565-278EC0A379B0&timestam...'.   when I try to even access through the app.  Now it tells me there are no devices found when I'm trying to add my arlo base station back in.  Is it possible that something is down on the back end that I shouldn't have removed everything to begin with?  Now I'm never going to get this back up and running at this rate.  Any suggestions on how to resolve since it can't even find my base station now.  Additonally when I login to the web based portal all my cameras are there but it says "base station not online" but the app tells me I have no devices connected when/if I'm able to login after repeated attempts.

SoyBoy26
Star
Star

And....everything appears to be back as of about 12:06 PM CDT.  I changed nothing, so this had to have been an issue on the Arlo side. Website looks the way it should, all cameras active. I am getting Motion notifications for cameras that are set to People only, so that is still an issue. But at least the cameras are back.

Epson
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue, and looking at the various community messages - this is effecting a broad group of Arlo users.

dcfox1
Master
Master

https://status.arlo.com/   They are aware of it. 

Chinks
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also receiving the same problem . It is now 3.17am here . I have tried everything . These cameras aren’t SAFE ! They keep going offline , lagging , freezing . Keeping logging me out . If something happens , and these cameras are not working like they’re supposed to me . I will take legal action . What a waste of money these ARE ! I have kids and I can’t go to sleep with a peace at mind
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate the reply..figured the servers were down again..very unreliable and they have on the website that the system is normal so they don’t even post accurate information to their large communities. Very poor support and I just don’t understand why they aren’t doing a better job.

Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got it this morning with my entire system not just one camera. Just restart it and call the customer service
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does the Arlo website state the system status is normal when a huge number of customers are down?  Why doesn’t the website post correct system information to it’s user base?  We depend upon 24X7 up time and when we have problems we need accurate information....you system status is NOT NORMAL!!!

Cajun1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just upgraded to iOS 13.6 and can no longer access my account or cameras
dcfox1
Master
Master

There is an outage https://status.arlo.com/

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok..thank you..but it begs the question..I go to Arlo.com...tap on support..that page says systems are normal and when I tap on it..nothing happens..now I know I should go to status.arlo.com...but why doesn’t the support page take me there when I tap on the system status message?

Ippo2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now it seems to work again, I can access to the base and manage all the devices.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea I noticed that also not sure why. But the status link at the bottom of the support page will take you to the right place. 

Chinks
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried resetting it 20 times already . Unplugged and plugged back it . Turned off wifi then back on . Deleted the Arlo app then downloaded it again . What a convenient time for them to stop working . It’s almost 4am here . These aren’t worth $1500 that’s for sure . I see a lot of people having problems with these cameras . Where is our safety ?
Chinks
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station is blue , but it can’t it can’t find any devices in the Arlo app .