Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro showing offline, showing "Activate 3-month trial subscription", unable to login, etc.

Discussion stats
Epson
Tutor
Tutor

No response from Arlo support.   I woke up this morning  and my Arlo Pro (single Camera) had recorded a lot of video.  I signed into my Arlo Web and hand no Mode Icon, and no devices.  My app showed that the camera recorded about 80 instances.  When I went to view them I was presented with a Banner "Activate 3 month trial subscription".  And my Base station was taken off line. When did Arlo start charging a subscription for Arlo Pro??   I've tried to bring my base station back online, but everytime it boots up, I'm presented with "Activate 3 months trial subscription".  I can see the thumbnails for my captured videos, but they will not play, again, I'm being told to activate my subscription.  I've tried to reach out to support, called twice this morning reached someone who proceeded to disconnect me.  2nd time was on hold 92 mins and call dropped.    Is anyone else being told to now activate a subscription for  their free service Arlo Pro??    

Thanks!

66 REPLIES 66
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks...but now I know where to go when things stop working so I can check before I clutter up the community with a post about system availability.

i really hope this issue gets resolved.  I depend on 24X7 availability and the servers have been down or corrupted for way too long of a period.  I’m glad I’m not out of town but if I was...man...I would be extremely concerned that I can’t access my cameras or even get alerts if motion is triggered.

Hope your servers get more reliable and down time is minimized. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I am not with arlo just a user. It does seem to be back up now. 

Aspirant
Aspirant
System was down mine just came back up all devices were missing and I had to add devices ( base station and cameras ) to fix
Chinks
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll give it a try again . Thank you for the update . They need to really improve on their system .
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

So funny...here I thought an Arlo support person was replying....shame on me...guess that doesn’t happen.

hey...thanks and sorry for the misunderstanding..so sad that support is not active in the community postings but this is the world we live in.

Now I know what to expect when I post.  No support just other concerned users.

Saske
Guide
Guide

My problem with the app got solved! I uninstalled it in my phone then redownloaded it again in the apple store, it asked to sign in again and some verification steps and then it worked! try uninstalling and installing the app again, Hope it works for you guys. 

Saske
Guide
Guide

My problem with the app got solved! I uninstalled it in my phone then redownloaded it again in the apple store, it asked to sign in again and some verification steps and then it worked! try uninstalling and installing the app again, Hope it works for you guys. 

Chinks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not working. I will be retuning these back and getting a refund . Nothing beats hard wired cameras . Only thing about these cameras is the person detect , and getting notifications so you can see who came . But then again they were slow as well . If someone came to the door while I’m not at home , I’d go to see who’s there . But they have left by then . They’re not reliable. I think I’ll be getting hard wired cameras .
Jucain
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by force closing and re-opening the app. A reboot of the phone and reinstall of the app may help. Also try a computer browser to see if there's a difference.

dcfox1
Master
Master

There was an outage at Arlo's end earlier today. Not sure if that is when you had the problem. It is now working here on ios. You also can try uninstalling and then  reinstalling the app. 

Patgalli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I waited for a while and it got solved by itself, I guess. 

SBCNCSU
Aspirant
Aspirant
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea there was an outage at Arlo earlier today and it is now back up. 

Epson
Tutor
Tutor
Disgusted1018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here!!!!  This product has only been out for 2yrs and the system is ridiculously in need of tech work!  It goes offline randomly when it feels like it, the motion goes off every minute if a leave blows never recording continuously.  I turned the motion off and detection to zero and it still goes off every minute draining my batteries every 5-7 days!  All my cameras are in different locations around my house and have full connections to WiFi n hub. They don’t record when they should and people are literally on my front steps b4 the camera even detects a movement or it detects nothing!  Shouldn’t motion detection stop when I remove it from subscription?  It should only detect people and vehicles now but it still alerts motion. This is not a safety n piece of mind system!  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Between Aug 8, 2020 9:08-11:10 AM PT, we've had a partial outage where some users may have been affected with Arlo devices going offline, unable to log in, or not receiving recordings or notifications.

This issue has been resolved since Aug 8, 2020 11:10 AM PT and all Arlo systems are now operational.

You may always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/.

Our team continues to closely monitor our systems to ensure they function as expected. We appreciate your patience and understanding as our team worked to resolve this issue.

Please contact Arlo Support should you have any questions.

Thank you,

Arlo Team