Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PSSE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a problem, sharing arlo cameras with my friend. It has worked without any problem in the past but now it will no longer work? I have tryed to erase access an create a new but it not possible to get it work. Anybody who has any ide/experience of this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all the appropriate cameras selected in her account under Grant Access? Assuming that they are, my wife had been shared previously but was unable to see the cameras so I deleted the access and used a different email address to add her back in.  That works properly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us exactly what you've tried and what you see. WHat kind of errors are displayed for your and your friend?

PSSE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I share my Arlo cameras but she can not se any of them when she log in with her own account on Arlo site. I have deleted sharing and create a new one but the verification email will not reach her, and she can still not se cameras. 

It has worked before, do not really know when it stopped working. She does not receive any mail when the cameras are activated, I have registered two email addresses that will get alarm when the cameras start, I get mail but not the other. That's how we noticed something was wrong this weekend, but there may be one without notice.

No error displayed for anyone of us 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all the appropriate cameras selected in her account under Grant Access? Assuming that they are, my wife had been shared previously but was unable to see the cameras so I deleted the access and used a different email address to add her back in.  That works properly.

PSSE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just tried to create new access with another e-mail address and it works?
Any idea what happened with the old one?

Is it possible to erase her old account on Arlo site? I can not find any option to delete a account?

And Yes te cameras was selected 🙂 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't say why one account works but not another. ANd there's no way to remove the old account. If concerned, set a password that very long and impossible to remember (unless you think it's going to be needed again at some point and then be sure to write it down someplace secure).