Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro set up of the 6th camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rkflynn
Follower
Follower

Hi There!

Just bought 5 Arlo pro and also bought one more extra camera, but unable to sync the 6th camera. How do i upgrade from Basic to use the 6th camera.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can sync the 6th camera on the basic plan - you just won't be able to use it.  Reinsert the battery and see if the blue LED on the camera flashes briefly.  You can also try using the power supply while syncing.  Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Tell us what you see on both the base and the camera as well as any error messages.

Once synced, you'll need to upgrade your subscription to a paid one using Settings, Subscription.  It may be best to use a computer to do this - iOS devices apparently are missing this setting but should be fine on the web or Android.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As A PS... you may have to disable One of your current cameras to sync the 6th one..then you activate any 5 of the 6 by SETTINGS>camera on/off

There use to be an option to manage cameras ( for above ) but I don't see the option anymore

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

TomMac wrote:

As A PS... you may have to disable One of your current cameras to sync the 6th one..then you activate any 5 of the 6 by SETTINGS>camera on/off

There use to be an option to manage cameras ( for above ) but I don't see the option anymore

I was able to add an extra camera without disabling another but then had to choose which one was to be used.  You can manage cameras in Settings, Subscription (??!!).