Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do you lose any functionality when connecting an arlo pro camera to an arlo base station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hop425
Guide
Guide

Reading on the support site it seems I can connect an Arlo Pro camera to my already existing Arlo base station.  But what I can't tell is what functionality I lose if I do this.  

Is video quality the same?

Can you still use two way audio?

Is the siren in the camera or pro base stattion?

Is battery life of the camera the same regardless of the the base station it is connected to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use any Arlo or PRO camera with either base....

The siren and usb drive backup is in the Pro base unit so unless you have a Pro base, your outta luck.

Video and audio 2x works with either base as it's in the camera on the Pro ( same rez for both cams at 720 )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use any Arlo or PRO camera with either base....

The siren and usb drive backup is in the Pro base unit so unless you have a Pro base, your outta luck.

Video and audio 2x works with either base as it's in the camera on the Pro ( same rez for both cams at 720 )

Morse is faster than texting!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. Siren and USB recording are the only feature you miss by not having the Pro base station (because they're features of the pro base station). I run a mix of Pro and original arlo cams off my original base station currently